Even though the ground is still white with snow and the weather isn’t great, now is the time to get started on your landscaping design for 2020. If you have already got a picture in your mind for a landscape design that you love, give us a call and we will help turn that vision into a reality. Or, maybe you are still searching for the landscape design that will work best on your property. Landscape design trends evolve over time. So what’s going to be happening with landscape design in 2020? Here are 5 landscape design ideas for 2020.
Landscape Design Ideas
- Intricate hardscaping — The days of flat and uniform landscaping surfaces are being replaced with more ornate layouts. A lot of people who want stone or concrete hardscaping to be part of their landscape are doing so with waves and other patterns for their walkways and retaining walls.
- Simple and functional design — As minimalism gains popularity throughout the world, the world of landscaping is no different. This means that you’ll be seeing more landscapes with sleek designs that also provide function. This can be done with native plants and landscape construction that provides protective structures for people to spend more of their time outside all through the year.
- Blue — Many people are expecting blue to be the color of 2020. If this holds true, there should be a lot of people incorporating blue into their landscaping. There are a few ways to do this, such as using plants and water features.
- Personal space — Your landscaping is an expression of yourself. That has never been more true than it will be this year. Some ways this is happening include xeriscaping for more sustainability, creating an edible garden and reducing your carbon footprint, or installing native plants to contribute to the local ecosystem.
- Smart Irrigation — Technology continues to make things easier and easier. One part of landscape design that technology can take care of for you is watering. You’ll save yourself lots of time and even increase your efficiency and effectiveness of the water you use with a smart sprinkler system.
Spring Falls Can Help
If any of these landscape design ideas for 2020 sound like a fit for you, Spring Falls Landscaping can help make them a reality. Here’s a quick look at how.
- Intricate hardscaping — You want hardscaping? We can do hardscaping. We create retaining walls out of rock, brick, concrete, block, or timber. Maybe you would like to expand your living space with a paver patio or walkway. Or if you prefer a natural look, stone is the way to go.
- Simple and functional design — One way to make a simple and functional design is with landscape fencing. There are many benefits that fencing can add to your property. Learn more about our fencing options or contact us to set up a free consultation.
- Blue — Water features are an incredible way to add some blue to your property. A great water feature will transform an outdoor living space into a beautiful paradise where you can relax, unwind and enjoy quality time with family and friends. Plus, it will have a natural ability to attract a variety of birds and butterflies. Some of them might even be blue too! Whether you choose a decorative fountain near the entrance of your home or create a backyard habitat featuring a pond and waterfall with its own ecosystem, you’ll find that each day is enhanced when you waterscape your landscape.
- Irrigation — When it comes to irrigation, do can help in a variety of ways — drainage systems, irrigation turn on and winterization, inspections, sprinkler head adjustments and repairs, and sprinkler system installations.
Whatever it Is you are looking for, our team can build something that fits into your budget and vision. Our responsibility is to clearly identify the image in your mind and translate that first into a concept, second a plan, and finally into reality. Distinguished properties throughout Southeast Idaho are coming to appreciate the Idaho Falls landscaping services of Spring Falls Landscaping. Give us a call today and let’s get started in transforming your landscape.