The type of fencing you choose will depend on a few factors, including the size and layout of your yard, the look you want to achieve and your budget.
You have many choices when it comes to fencing material. Here are some of the most popular options and what they offer in terms of privacy, security and style.
Types of Fencing Materials for Your Yard
- Wood: Wood is a classic fencing choice that offers a natural look and can be stained or painted to match your home’s exterior. A wood fence is affordable and easy to install. However, wood fences require regular maintenance and can rot or warp over time.
- Vinyl: Vinyl fencing is a popular choice for homeowners looking for a low-maintenance option. It doesn’t require painting or staining, and it won’t rot or warp. Vinyl fencing is available in a variety of styles, including picket fences and privacy fences.
- Aluminum: Aluminum fencing is a durable, low-maintenance option that won’t rust or rot.
- Chain link: Chain link fencing is a popular choice for homeowners looking for an affordable, easy-to-install fencing option. However, a chain link fence doesn’t offer much in the way of privacy or security.
- Welded wire: Welded wire fencing is a strong, durable option that can be used for both security and pet containment. It’s available in a variety of heights and widths to suit your needs.
- Barbed wire: Barbed wire fencing is a good option for security fencing or agricultural applications. It’s important to note that barbed wire can be dangerous, so it’s not a good choice for homes with small children or pets.
- Wrought iron: Wrought iron fencing is a sturdy, stylish option that can add curb appeal to your home. However, wrought iron fences require regular maintenance to keep them looking their best.
How To Set Up A Fence For Your Yard
No matter which type of fence you choose, there are some basic steps you’ll need to follow to get it installed correctly.
- Measure the area where you want to install the fence. This will help you determine how much material you need.
- Choose the location of the fence posts. The spacing of the posts will depend on the type of fence you’re installing.
- Dig holes for the fence posts. The depth and width of the holes will depend on the size of the posts you’re using.
- Install the fence posts. Be sure to use concrete or another material to secure the posts in place.
- Install the fence panels or pickets. Attach them to the posts using brackets, screws or nails.
- Add any final touches, such as trim or gates.
With these steps, you’ll be well on your way to enjoying your new fence!
Spring Falls Landscaping Can Do The Hard Work For You!
If you’re not the do-it-yourself type, or if you’d simply rather leave the job to someone else, that’s no problem. Spring Falls Landscaping would be happy to install a fence for you. We specialize in all types of fencing Idaho Falls residents need, from wood and vinyl to chain link and aluminum. We’ll work with you to find the perfect fencing solution for your home and property. Give us a call today to get started!